I have a version of table hockey that differentiates from air hockey. It’s called the Breakout Bubble Hockey Table by Shelti. This game play of this kind of table hockey is quite similar to foosball in which you guide hockey men by pulling on the levers/handles that correspond to the rods that they are on.
The object is the same as in foosball as well: control the men that are on the rods and use them to hit the puck and score on the opposite end to where your opponents are at and hope that the puck doesn’t get blocked by the goalie.
What I liked about this kind of table hockey as opposed to air hockey is that I used to play this version at the arcades many years back where it was coin-operated, and it was a very fun experience as the puck would pop up from the center of the table. It was the U.S. vs. USSR at the time, and I would usually control the U.S. while my friends would pick U.S.S.R. and we would play for hours. However, I lost most of the time, but it’s something I would enjoy playing in my spare time.
About the Bubble Hockey Table
Here is what to expect about this bubble hockey table:
- Arcade Style Dome Bubble Hockey
- Ultra-Smooth Chrome-Plated Rods; Precision-ground tubular rods with 0.120″ wall thickness; Marriage of high-lubricity materials – nylon bushings and rods – result in exceptional play performance with minimal friction wear
- Steel Rod Supports in Feet of Men allows torque and pressure to be applied to the clutch
- 2:1 Turning Ratio on Gear Box Delivers quick player response and lively play – 360 degree player turn requires only 180 degree handle turn
- Side Mounted Electronic Scoring: Utilizes infrared scoring for reliability and accuracy; Sounds goal scored; Side mounted to keep player sight lines clear
- Product Dimensions: 36 x 52 x 42.5 inches; 235 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 240 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to Army Post Office/Fleet Post Office (APO/FPO) addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping.
- Origin: China
- Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN): B00F6SLXIO
- Item model number: EM-Y-AB
An important note to mention is that the seller’s description has a 1-year warranty.
Getting into this bubble hockey table game has never been easier. The Breakout brings fast paced action right into your game room. In fact, its low profile dome and four solid wood legs make placement of this amusement favorite a non-issue.
Players will recognize the quick play (thanks to ultra-smooth rods made of chrome-plated, hollow-ground steel with 0.120″ wall thickness, coupled with low friction nylon bushings) as being as close as they can get to hockey without having to suit up. Each team is controlled by a unique gear box with a 2:1 turn ratio for fast player response—turning guys 360° requires only a flick of the wrist.
This product received a 5/5 stars from the customers who bought this bubble hockey table. Since it’s rated that high, I was convinced that this is a quality table worth owning and setting up in your game room. The reviews from these customers stemmed from “being easy to install/assemble” and “I would recommend buying furniture-rollers and placing them under the table so you can roll it around with ease.” So, if you have a game room with compact space, these rollers would come in handy so the table can move about as this table will require a lot of space to play.
The Shelti Company
The Shelti Company which is owned by Gold Standard Games which, in addition to bubble hockey tables, specializes in home and coin-op table games such as air hockey, pool, and foosball. They also have dart boards that you can either play as a coin-op or not for your game rooms. In addition, you can assembly manuals for your bubble hockey tables or you can contact them and one of their friendly customer support representatives would guide you on how to set up your products via email or phone.
This table is a square shaped item as compared to the Carom type tables. Also, I’ve seen from reviews that the rods on the Carom table breaks and slows the game down as well. I have tried to provide the very best of the bubble type hockey tables out there that’s the most affordable, and this is the one that fits the bill. I hope that you liked this review, and please sound off in the comments section if you have any comments/questions/feedback that you may have as I’ll try to get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks.