As I was looking for other products to promote on this site, I look at my usual spot on Amazon, and found something that I haven’t seen before. It’s a spikeball set that you can play with a group of 4 people. After looking at how this looks like on YouTube, I thought to myself, “This looks interesting, and I’m sure people would enjoy playing a game called spikeball. Well, that’s just what I’m doing here for this post. The spikeball product that I saw on Amazon is called the Spikeball Combo Meal by Spikeball.
Although it’s not a “meal” by any means. It’s called a meal because it’s basically a game set that comes with a 3-ball set, drawstring bag, and rule book. To use an analogy, I believe it’s supposed to resemble a value deal like ordering fast food: the game set would be the hamburger, the rest (3-ball set, drawstring bag, and rule book) would resemble the drink, french fries, and desert.
About the Spikeball game set
Based on my findings on this product, here are some fun facts about this spikeball game set:
- As seen on Shark Tank. Spikeball is played 2 on 2 with rules kind of like volleyball.
- Great activity for outdoor, indoor, backyard, beach, and camping
- Game that kids and adults can enjoy
- A great workout for athletes to cross train who play lacrosse, tennis, ultimate frisbee, and who crossfit
- Intense and fast: spikeball is the result if volleyball and foursquare had an offspring
Other important information:
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 10 x 5 inches ; 3.6 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S.
- Amazon Standard Information Number (ASIN): B002V7A7MQ
- Item model number: B00WBUQ0LU
Product as described
Spikeball is seen on Shark Tank and an intense game that is played 2 on 2. It’s sort of a unique combo of volleyball and four square. A tight hula hoop-sized net is placed at ankle level between a pair of two-player teams. The object of the game is to smack the palm-sized ball down on the net so it ricochets up at your opponents. They have up to three hits between them to control it and bounce it back to you which is similar to volleyball. When they miss, you score. The first team to score 21 points first wins.
As of this posting, there were a total of 989 mostly satisfied customers who rated this product at 4.7 stars out of 5. To state a quote, one customer stated, “The game itself is so fun. It’s really easy to play and can get really competitive.”
Another reviewer stated, “Man, is it fun. Totally worth the money.”
The possible drawback to getting this item is that it this product is may not be sturdy upon purchase.
Because of the rating of 4.7 stars. I feel that you can’t go wrong with this item, and it’s a worthy product to own. If you’re unsatisfied in any way, go ahead and notify the customer service at Spikeball, and they’ll replace your product at no extra charge.
The company called Spikeball has this vision: To build a community around the next great American sport. Their mission (statement) is: To introduce more people to the sport and to build and nurture the community.
In addition, they have these values:
1. Trust. Give it until you shouldn’t.
2. Improve. Always be learning.
3. Drive change and question the status quo.
4. Surprise and delight.
5. Don’t be a jerk.
6. Have fun. Play often.
7. Build a diverse community to guide us. Grow together.
8. Own it.
I have talked about this spikeball game set review and would like to hear what you have to say in the comments section below. I hope that you enjoyed what you’ve read and seen here, and if so, please share on social media. In the next post, I’ll go over an instructional tutorial on how to play this game. Thanks for stopping by!
This is the first time I have ever heard of spike ball. Do you have a link to a video of what the game looks like to play? I like that you have other games on your site, it makes it easier to have a smorgasbord of games in one place.
Hello Linda! Thanks so much for stopping by and providing a comment. Yes, spikeball is one of those rare “tossing” games that are out there. I will provide a tutorial on how to play this game in my next post. Stay tuned…